17 March 2013

California baby!

Yep, went back to LA. Linzi been banging on about Disney for years and seeing the sun again would be nice, so we went. Here are Marks cameraphone snaps. I have more on my camera I think so will upload them when I get time.

Our hire car, a Kia Soul, stupid name but a really nice car, would buy one. Comfortable, nippy, economical, not to small, not too big and it come in a nice cheerful cherry red... mmmmm cherries

We really like Wholefoods Market, it's like Waitrose on speed in there and where all the hippies are, so great for people watching. Talking of hippies, here's Linzi posing by there welcome sign to prove she's been there. She's collecting visits to Wholefoods branches like the rest of us collect McDonalds coffee tokens.

Went to a show at a uni gallery showing magazine illustration from 1890-1940 (I think, roughly). Very good stuff, here are my favorites, be sure to click on the pics so you get full screen, especially to see the cherubs expressions.









Catching some rays at Disney in the cold.

If you look real close you can make out the castle. In florida Disney the castle blocks out the sun.


Just like it.

Rocket Man turning the popcorn, I want one.

No comments: