20 May 2013

My first Workshop space

Day one going to the workshop. My new WIKE cargo trailer ready to go out into the rain full of tools and lunch and coffee, etc.

Once the trailer was emptied out at the workshop I went down to Home Depot a few miles away and got loaded up with supplies.

Second run that same day, more materials. Very heavy 3/4" ply and lumber.

By the end of the next day it all goes to make my work bench in the 60 sq ft I rent.

Another Home Depot run, this time with the little WIKE trailer.

Taking home planter benches for the balcony made from palates. The retro coolbox got totaled coming over the Second Narrows Bridge a few weeks later. A big expansion joint threw the trailer into the railing and it took most of the force.

Building the overhead bench storage I hauled even more weight back. This was the hardest load to haul. Lots of 2x4s and ply. The 8ft lengths made the trailer sway all the way back.

Building my 2nd steamer to bend wood. This one is much bigger than the first made from a tube.

Steamer nearly done.

Ready to fire it up. Steam comes from a wallpaper stripper on the ground via the black tube.

All done, works well.

Some oak strips bent and ready to glue into a laminate.

Strips in one of the forms.

Sawn oak ready to get steamed.

Back plate with wheels.

Nifty getting assembled.

All the main ribs are fitted.

Clamped in towing position so I can work on a few wrinkles I need to fix.

No comments: